Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Ola Chicos - KTM time & big trail bikes

 Picked up off road riding in Houston after meeting my friend Gareth who had done the Romaniacs hard enduro.   Fell in love with enduro immediatly.   So bought a KTM 200 which I kept for one year, until I gave it to my son.

who personalized to his taste
And when my son got into it, it was time for me to move on to 300.  I really love that bike, the 2 stroke had everything.  I was a blast. 

And then, got a really good deal from local dealer who wanted to get rid on its 2018 model cause 2019 were already in the shop that I bought a brand new 250 

And when I moved to Dubai, I jumped on a great opportunity to purchase a CRF 450.  
And to take the bike into the desert, I bought myself my dream car.  




On the big trails, I have always love the Suzuki Djebel 650 - 1990.   Love the style, love the colour, so when I found one for sale on local craiglist, I jumped on the opportunities.   At that time, I lived on Norway, so I rode through the summer and let my neighboor drive it while I was away.   He forgot to service it and killed the engine few months later.  We took it apart at Christmas, sold the parts and went to the restaurant with the money.   I might buy another one some days.  
One other days, I came across another add for a cheap BMW F 650 and thought why not, especially when it was a bargain.  Drove it for a while.  Very smooth bike, never had any problem even if it had more than 100k mileage.  

No comments:

Post a Comment