Thursday, August 21, 2014

Ola Hijo

Wasn't gonna write for few days, but it's 3pm and need to stay at work till 5pm so need to kill couple of hours. I did go to Harbour Freight to check out mobile crane and they got one that seems ok. 179 bucks for 1,5 mob crane ain't too bad.
Did not buy it though. Am in process of buying a house so if I show up at home with over 100 dollar purchase, there is a high likelyhood am gonna have to give some explanation and can't be bother those days. Anyway, so went into my garage last night and looked at what I could do. First I needed to pick up the motor which was still laying on the floor. So with help of my son I brought it up on the bench.
Then I said to myself, let clean the fucker...
and so I started.
For some strange reason the previous owner has painted the cylinder and made a mess of the lower case. It really looks bad.
So I decided I would try my miracle product. This tips was given to me by some BMW builder who used Aluminium BBQ paint color to pain cylinder. It does f..g work and make parts looked like they have been sanded or repainted. So I tried on the XS. and yeahhhh, it works too.
So I put the engine up and cleaned it some more. Now I wait to receive the engine stands so I can put it up and start working on it.
Alternatively, I will buy the mobile crane, put the engine in and work on the mock up. The purchase of the house will dictate.

No comments:

Post a Comment