Monday, August 18, 2014

Ola Companeros

There you go, could not wait to be back in the US. Vacation in Europe was a nightmare. Am not longer used to sleep without AC, I sweated like a pig over there. Luckily weather wasn't that nice. Anyway, next year I will try to stick around and ride my bikes. So what has f.. happened since I left. Not too much am afraid... I did sell my Redneck chopper in France to get some quick cash.
I sold it for a bargain (for France that is) but need to get rid of the thing. I was not gonna ride it and my wife felt it was too much for her. So, without regret I let it go. So long my friend and have a good life. The guy that bought it is fully in love with that type of machine, so at least I made someone happy. My happyness comes from the fact that it wont take anymore space in my garage. So, as I said I flew back to Houston. First thing was to check with Southern about the Stator change. As usual, when they opened the primary
they found out, one of the Rivera primary belt drive part was cracked and that it was only a matter of time until it came apart. So here it goes again, gonna have to sell one kidney to replace the bloody part. But worst part of it is the bike won't be available for a while. One other thing, was that my welding of the safety gas tank and on the licence plate holder was not as good as expected and that it was already showing some signs of weaknesses. So much for my welding skills... At least I was happy to present Shovel #2 to Madam.
but as I was expecting it was not exactly what she had expected. The colour was nice and all, but it was simply too heavy for her. Indeed it was. She sermoned me to look for a sportster after selling the shovel. So, I will wait to get Shovel #1 back, and probably sell shovel #2. We'll see. So I was left with my longhaul XS650 project. To start with, it wanted to get rid of the tank holder.
So I used the angler grinder to get it off. And then I took bits and pieces off which I know I won't need
And as you can see, I try to put the engine back into the frame and fucked it all up. After approx one hour of battle, I gave up and decided it was time to go to bed. I will need to figure out how to put it back in or alternatively buy a mobile crane. This was the sad story of my evening. will get back to you with new adventure

No comments:

Post a Comment