Monday, September 19, 2022

Ola Muchachos

 Damn, feels nice to put motorcycle back into the bull eyes of my hobby life.   Been too long out.   So, as I was saying in my previous post, after a summer of Harley riding in Corsica and South of France, I returned to Dubai for some off Road fun.   

Plan is Saturday desert on the 450 CRF and Sunday off road and trail riding on the GS 1200.     

But before I move on let's just take one min for her majesty.   She rode motorcycle. 



So last sunday, I took my second Trail ride with X-enduro.   More of a beginers ride than anything but nice to be out in the open.  






But as I was getting myself ready for a new ride this weekend, noticed some issues with rear of the bike.  Went to Touratech and after dismantling the shaft, it turned out it was broken.   Apparently, a common things amongst beamer, especially for some doing lots of offroad.  

Anyway, so we are presently trying our luck trying to find a second hand in Europe.   Not sure when I'll be riding her again. 

So, I went back on the XT for street riding.  I hadn't started for 6 months and she fired up after only one kick.   And it got me thinking.  I could actually take the XT for offroad rides.  After all, the XT was the first winner of the Dakar in 1979.  Up till now, I was very protective of it and did not want to ruin the bike by dropping it.   But considering I actually got 2 XT, I might as well use one for offroad.  

And this got me thinking of new project.  The XT will need some upgrade, especially on the suspension side.   I think I need to swop the fork and mount a YZ or CRF fork on it, then I need to replace the rear swing arm and rear suspension and probably fabricate an engine guard.  Just to give you some ideas, something along the lines of the below pics I stole on the net




Need to think how to do it but that's the plan.  

and just to finish this week update.   one random shite.




No comments:

Post a Comment