Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Ola Pendero

Awright, awright, I got it.... stop your bitching....Am a busy man....


It's just been crazy last 6 months at work and in life in general.   Did not stop me from doing things but just could find the energy to write about it.  With Christmas coming, probably worth doing a last update before going into 2019...  I ended my last blog with the Biker Shed Show in London, commonly called the Mecca of Hipsters.  Strangely enough, I have since then met the owner of the Bike Shed in his establishment on Old Road in Shoreditch, and it turns out, he's a cool bloke, not one of those hipsters who will drop their bikes once they are out of fashion.... 
 


Few things have taken since then.  Firstly, I spend now most of my time on the island that invented Rock n Roll.  On this note, if you happen to be in East London, why don't you stop at Monty's Bar on Brick Lane.   Great place and great atmosphere....

So while I was back in the US from time to time, I took the opportunity, to ride my chopper with Jean-Louis to some dive bars around Texas,

And do a bit of Enduro with Gareth in some ranches on the hill countries.


Or attended few local biker event around Houston area.   One of them, I was invited by Reagan, at Sigma brewery for the launching of a new beer, 
with great outdoor activity : axes throwing
But when I was back at home, it's on a 1977 XT 500 that I spent my time.  I had bought this bike on local site for cheap.   It had been purchase brand new, rode 7000 miles and kept outside for the last 20 or so years.   The bike had been bought at an auction and kept in shed till he put it up for sales.   It had no tank and was pretty rusted.


first I took it apart,





The whole bike needed some proper sanding and repainting.   However the engine was in pretty good condition, having rode only 7000 miles.   I kept everything stock and only repainted the parts.



I was lucky enough to find a stock tank (although bit dented and rusted on the inside) and I had to redo the seat,



I had to change the lights and much of the consumables but everything went back where it belongs.  


and tata........


The bike started on the second kick


Then, after I finished with the XT, I decided to start the CT 70 I had laying around in my back yard.   If you remember I had bought 2 CT70 for peanuts 2 years ago.  Had fix one, and had kept the second one for later.  So, she was.


Within second, she was taken apart, and when I started to open up the engine, top end seems to be fine
but when I open up side cover, I realize the previous owner had f..... up more or less all the screw inside the engine.


Got so mad trying to remove those screws that I left the engine on my bench and went to drink few beers at St Arnold Brewery in Houston, where they had an "art car show"


Did not stay long enough in Houston to get back on the CT cause it was, once again, time to head back to Asia.   After couples weeks of work in Singapore I booked myself to Vietnam where I was supposed to meet Cuong, and 2 other blokes to ride around North Vietnam.  


This was f...... awesome, let me repeat: f.... awesome.   check out the video below to appreciate. 



I won't spend much time elaborating on the subject as I believe images speaks for themselves. 

On my way back to Europe, stopped at Check Point Charly and the Brandenburg gate in Berlin.  Always had in mind the image of the fall of the wall in 1989, and the Roger Water's concert that followed.   In those day, I had made a promise to myself to go there once.   it only took 20 years.......  

And since I was there, I decided to take a tour of the Motorcycle Museum of Eastern Germany....Here are some of the pics.






And since I spent Christmas back in France, took the opportunity to clean my workshop and put the French back in order.   At least one, cause the Dyna had some issues with the electric and ignition relays.....

And as usual, apply to TLC to the Vespa....

As a gift for Chritmas, here is a pic of yours truly with Mike from Green Day when we were young and beautiful

And to start 2019, just stopped at the Bike Shed in London cause they were presenting a Dakar bike as teaser for this year rally.   one day my friend, one day......




No comments:

Post a Comment