Tuesday, July 23, 2024

 Summer has started and temperature are reaching level like never before.   Time to head towards Europe for more moderate climate and enjoy a bit of free time off work.  But before heading out, there was TT isle of Man beginning June.  Furiosa racing organized a fascinating session with Dave, who has raced the Tourist Trophy many times to give us an insight on the craziest onroad race on the planet.  


Whilst I am always tempted to do things out of the ordinary, and believe I can do anything in life, this race is beyond my wildest dream and my basic riding ability.  But although I won't race it, I definitely need to plan a trip up there and enjoy the atmosphere which seems out of this world. 

Then it was time to park the bikes at home so they would not suffer from the heat outside.   So could not find a better place than putting them in the living room.   


And time to fly home to scroll around the med with the miss on the Vespa.    



I also spent time tidy up my workshop at home and use the time available to do bit of work on the Dyna by adding a road racing headlight cover to give it more style.  A biker's work is never done.... I noticed there was a short on the starter mechanism which I was not able to fix and that kept bothering me while I was there.  I will need to sort this out next time around if I want to continue Harley cruising in South of France.  And finally, I really need to think about painting the bike.   Oh well, for some other time.   



Use the opportunity to be in France to buy some apparel for next year racing season as they are lot cheaper there than here.  I got myself a k4 Pod Knee Brace and LS2 X-force carbon helmet. 


 Then after this short break, back in Dubai to face the heat and get some hours on this Kove which I plan to race this season.  Talking about racing, there are new rules apply in the international racing world.   Even veteran and mediocre rider like me need to wear an offroad airbag if they intend to race.  So GOT organized a session at Oldtimers to go over the feature of the latest Alpine Star Offroad airbag jacket.  Jeee, this thing cost a fortune, but I must admit, it looks to be quite efficient.  I am presently hesitating between Alpine Star and Helite as a brand.  The advantage is that Alpine Star has a dealer here and can do the maintenance and have supply rapidly available.   Those jacket needs to be maintained after 4 deflations.  And for me, falling down on a bike is a regular occurrence...   

So now that I was back in Dubai it was time to think about next season's racing.   So training, licensing, communicating and motorcycle & riding kit readiness.   To start, I contacted Emso for the international racing license requirement and cost.  As a pre-requisite I need to do an electrocardiogram, a tolerance fitness test, and an eye test to see if I am fit for riding.  All of this under the supervision of a doctor.  Secondly, I need to register towards WADA and take the anti-doping certificate.  And finally, pay a decent amount of money for the license itself.  So, I registered and passed with honor the anti-doping test which, with the online course, lasted a good 3 hrs.   

I signed up for the electrocardiogram fitness test and that will take place in August.  I am still awaiting to see an optician for my eyes and then send all the documentation and money back to Emso and wait for my license.  I have also made up a physical training program consisting of cardio (run and bicycle), muscle strengthening and mobility exercises.  And on the top of that I schedule 3 riding session per week.  One focused on technic on desert track, one long distance desert riding, and one on trails riding (whenever possible).  Meanwhile, I received all the spares to upgrade the standard Kove to rally racing version.  That included, ERTF navigation kit, the navigation towers, the pro ECU, the titanium exhaust, and various bits and pieces needed for proper set up.  But before the upgrade time for running in of the Kove.  My intention is to break the engine for 2000km and then do all the pro racing upgrade later.   So, with few guys from Get Out there we hit the Al qadr desert tracks. 




For the communication, bike graphic and riding kit parts, I have to admit that I am struggling a bit.  I am presently working with Seb fm motozone to come up with the graphics, with another seb at Kenny racing for the riding kit and I reached out to a freelance community manager to work on my social media which will be needed to reach out sponsors at later stage.  And finally, I have redesigned my Uxpat logo to fit the offroad racing image needed.  So far, this is where I got.  



Now let's move on to stuff I shamelessly stole over the internet to finish today update. 





No comments:

Post a Comment